Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Biftekia Psita`

After a successful round 1 on the cooking front I was really looking forward to finding a new recipe to try Monday night (8/23/2010). I really don't know what it was, but for some reason I was really wanting something Greek! But I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to find something easy enough to make; for some reason when I think of Greek food it just seems so intricate and hard to cook. Well I started doing my research and I found this really great website with a bunch of Greek recipes! I plan on returning to that site for more recipes in the future for sure. The website I found is http://www.squidoo.com/greekcuisine. Basically this one is a Greek style beef patty and it was surprisingly simple! Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS

1 lb Lean minced beef (I used lean ground beef)
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1 Tbs whole milk
2 Tbs olive oil
1 small chunk Italian parsley
Dried oregano or Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper

METHOD

Place the meat in a mixing bowl. Chop the onions and the garlic (I use a food processor so they become like pulp) and add them to the meat. Thinly chop the parsley and add it to the bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the meat mixture and knead until you have a solid dough. If for some reason you think the dough is kind of liquidy or oily add some more crumbs.

Make the patties at the size of your palm and place them in a tray. You can cook them either in the grill or bake them or of course barbecue them. If you just bake them you can place the patties on a deeper tray and add lemony potatoes (you can find the recipe below). You bake them for around 30-45 min in F400 (adding water if needed for the potatoes) and you don't need to turn them over.
Served with greek salad and feta cheese


Here are what they look like right out of the oven! They smelled fantastic! I really just wanted to eat them all right up immediately .

Here is how I served it. I couldn't find any Tzatziki dip unfortunately and I wasn't sure where to find a good recipe to make it so I just topped it with feta cheese instead. I served it with a Greek salad with added almonds. This has by far been my favorite meal of the three I have made so far. It was seriously so delicious and we all went back for seconds! It makes such a great amount; after the seconds I still had leftovers for lunch the next day. I highly recommend this one and I will for sure be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment